The history of Parker’s Farm and Greenhouse goes back four generations. Bill Williams and Ada Bassett came to New Mexico with their families in 1907 from Missouri. They met and married in 1915 and acquired the ranch in Edgewood in 1932. Bill and Ada raised Charolais cattle, milked cows and raised a flock of 1000 White Leghorns. Their only daughter Gracial, married Kenneth Parker in 1939. They lived in a two-room adobe home on the ranch and had four boys: Ancel, Eddie, Ricky and Kevin. The family left the ranch in 1954 and it was abandoned for eighteen years. Ricky came back to the ranch in 1972 and started to rebuild. Ricky met Monika in 1973 and they planted an orchard and a large vegetable garden together. They began truck farming in 1975 and sold vegetables in Albuquerque for 25 years. Ricky and Monika also raised two children, daughter Sarah born in 1980 and son Andy in 1982. Monika’s flower garden was established in 1990 eventually growing to four acres. In 1991 the family started to make the switch from vegetable farming to horticultural greenhouse production. Ricky and Monika along with their son Andy have been in the nursery business for twenty-four years.